Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Antivirus Soft invection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darrell52

darrell52

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

I have a computer with Antivirus Soft pop ups and blocking of exe's. i cannot run the repoting tools to give to you. do you have a rkill for this to allow me to run the repoting programs or an rkill and instructions already.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jtdl

jtdl

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

I have this infection as well. I have tried this, malawarebyes, spydoctor, and when I try to launch them I get the error message "application cannot be exectued. The file rkill.pif (mbam.exe, etc) is infected. So you want to activate your antivirus software now?". It will not allow me to open my add/remove programs application either. It also will not allow me to go anywhere on google, only foxfire. What can I try???

#4 jtdl

jtdl

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

So now it's gone. I just kept clicking on the Rkill set-up, kept getting the error message but the black DOS box would come up and then shut down. I started to download Ad-aware as a last ditch effort when I noticed all the "virus alert" boxes disappeared and then it was gone! Maybe it only lasts for so long (I had it for 2 hours) and then it runs its course???? I'm just glad it's disappeared! Is there any way of blocking these? This is the second one I've had in the last several months.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

Rkill is used to stop the infection long enough to run tools such as mbam
It is not a stop-gap measure
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Shadow2Lead

Shadow2Lead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

I too have this problem but none of the files seemed to work. They popped up the dos box but the malware seemed to block it and has continued to run. Was I supposed to do anything in addition to double clicking on rskill? Do you have any suggestins as to what I should do now?

Edit: I am using Windows XP
Edit2: I found this thread. But am not able to run the files there.

Edited by Shadow2Lead, 09 February 2010 - 06:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users