Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET Framework dll's not loading

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 illinibaron

illinibaron

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Recently my computer has issues with "loading PBR descriptor 2... done" and to fix it I needed to do a repair install with MCE Dell computer. Everything worked out well except for 2 issues, which I am hoping are connected.

When I boot my computer I always get 2 error boxes that say something like: c:\...\framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

I tried to redownload .NET Framework 2 but couldn't because I apparently have 3 installed.

The other issue is that when I try to watch live TV (or more frustrating, try to record TV), it says that my decoder is in use by another program, but I have no other programs running.

Hopefully these are related, and if not I can take my other issue into another thread, and hopefully this is in the right place. This site helped me get my computer fixed before, so I'm hopeful it will help again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

I would uninstall all installs relating to MS.NET...in reverse order (latest first), using Add/Remove Programs...then download/install MS.NET 3.5, SP1

I would not bother uninstalling any critical security updates to any version of NET Framework/MS.Net, just the main versions and SPs.

Louis

#3 illinibaron

illinibaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

I would uninstall all installs relating to MS.NET...in reverse order (latest first), using Add/Remove Programs...then download/install MS.NET 3.5, SP1

I would not bother uninstalling any critical security updates to any version of NET Framework/MS.Net, just the main versions and SPs.

Louis

To be clear, I'm unstalling all of these .NET ones?

Posted Image

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Top 4, in reverse order.

3.5, SP1 is the first to uninstall...the other three may be a part of it and uninstall along with it.

Louis

#5 illinibaron

illinibaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Top 4, in reverse order.

3.5, SP1 is the first to uninstall...the other three may be a part of it and uninstall along with it.

Louis

Ok, I did that and now am getting a pop-up when trying to open Media Center:
"To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v1.1.4322
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework."

#6 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

You will need to reinstall Net Framework, go to MS Windows update and do it now.

#7 illinibaron

illinibaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Edit: Downloaded it (1.1 .NET) and now Media Center opens, but I still get the decoder in use error... So frustrating, thanks for all the help

Edited by illinibaron, 31 January 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Read post #2...again.

Louis

Did you click the link supplied...and reinstall the package there?

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#9 illinibaron

illinibaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Read post #2...again.

Louis

Did you click the link supplied...and reinstall the package there?

Yes, I did that.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

My mistake...I see what's happening now (I'm a bit dense at times).

"To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v1.1.4322."

That message says that your Media Center PC...needs to have NET Framework 1.1 installed. This is not necessarily the case with those of us who don't have MC PCs, the current 3.5, SP1 version does the trick for us.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en. Download and install this and it should do two things:

a. Eliminate the message you get when you open MCE.

b. Create the need to go to Windows Update for critical updates pertaining to this particular version.

Again, my apologies.

Louis

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I'm of no value when it comes to Media Center issues, never have used it.

What I would do is take a look in Event Viewer...for errors. No warnings, no info items. I would look at the last 5 errors noted only.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Then I would post detail (Event ID, Source, brief description) here.

I would start a new post with that data and a detailed description of when you get the error, etc.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users