Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windos vista install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

If I Use dariks boot and nuke on my vista machine, and reinstall vista again, will I be able to Reinstall it again on the same machine?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

Your question is very unclear.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

Like I just want to start over again with my computer. Could I just Re-install vista and start over again? And will I be able to Re-install it again if i ever need to? its gonna be on the same machine

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Yes. But remember Darik's Boot and Nuke will destroy all data on the selected hard disk including partitions and you will not be able to recover it. After this, you have to boot from Vista disk and follow the setup instructions to install Vista.

#5 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

To start yes you can reinstall vista over again. You can if you ever need to even on the same Computer.

I would ask why you want to do a clean install but here's how...
1. You just go into your BIOS (press F1 or F2 or Delete or some other key(it is difrent on all computers)) and set the boot affinity to CD/DVD drive first.

2. then put in your vista install disk and turn off your computer then turn it back on (the computer will boot tot the CD and displays "loading windows files") and then from there it will say like your language and keyboard setup and then hit next

3. Then you can go to install and then follow the directions if you want to do a clean install select clean install
(Warning this will delete everything on your drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

4. Then you will be reinstalling vista.

5. Don't forget to update vista after reinstalling.

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

3. Then you can go to install and then follow the directions if you want to do a clean install select clean install

Actually no. The way you have described without formatting or repartitioning, Windows Vista (and Windows 7) will not delete anything but move everything to a folder named Windows.old.

#7 matt3

matt3

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Actually no. The way you have described without formatting or repartitioning, Windows Vista (and Windows 7) will not delete anything but move everything to a folder named Windows.old.

Sorry i was thinking about the XP installer for some reason there i haven't done a Vista install in a while now. Now i do remember that that happened last time but i don't know if everything is moved there i think the only stuff that is moved is the stuff in your documents folder but i could be wrong but it is still go to have the backup copy somewhere just in case the windows.old folder doesn't appear for some reason.

#8 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

thanks I figured it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users