Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

I have a problem with everything freezing shortley after windows loads everything.I have a Dell desktop inspron 530 with Vista. I believe a gig or two of ram. The computer worked fine, then when I went to do a scan with Webroot and every thing quit working. I can use things if Im on the guest user. I have tryed useing the setup disk the computer cam with it has som troubleshooting options but it found nothing wrong? I have tryed system restore 3 times and it still will not work. I don't know what else to do. What do I need to do to get it working?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

cvos.... first of all thanks for starting your own topic... :huh:

Are you trying to restore the computer back to factory settings like BAPM did in the other thread?

If yes reboot your computer,holding the ctrl key and the f11 key down at the same time. this should bring up the recovery partition....

warning you will lose all data and installed programs.... good luck..

If thats not what you want to do post back, but it sounds like your pc may have a virus. (may need to post in the "am i infected" section of the forum)

Edited by keny111111, 29 January 2010 - 07:07 PM.

Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users