Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner programs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kkd

kkd

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

I have a visioneer strobe xp 200 connected to an xp p machine running one touch and quick scan pro programs (not at the same time). I have had this setup for well over a year and it has been working fine. But sadly today I have a problem with the quick scan program not opening. the one touch scanner program works fine. When I open the quick scan program I get a error message. unable to locate component. this application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. It suggest that I re-install, I tried but that also failed, I tried to do the repair that also failed.

This computer is part of a 20 computer network, it is set to update every night from Microsoft. I use AVG9 and Microsoft's security essentials and they run every day also. Both finding no problems. The only thing that has changed is an updated installation of software distribution services 3.0 (a Microsoft product ?)

I'm also have problems with 2 other scanners using a hp program,they are reporting that they can not find the path.

all three of these just started having problems today. I have a feeling that the problem may be related

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kkd

kkd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

Should I log this in a different category?

#3 Onsteroids

Onsteroids

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

Use System Restore to undo recent system changes perhaps? It is strange that reinstalling does not fix it. This dll should be part of the installation I would think. Uninstall in safe mode and then install again?

#4 kkd

kkd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Thank you, I did try a system restore. It worked for a day and then back to the problem. and again the last thing that was installed durning a microsoft update was the software distribution services 3.0.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

software distribution services 3.0 (a Microsoft product ?)

Take the time to read these
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1154389.htm
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/856021.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...amp;m=1&p=1

Starting to look like spyware

Edited by garmanma, 02 February 2010 - 11:21 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 kkd

kkd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

Thank you for that Information, I did read all three, did the scanes both can back clean. The problem is still there, programs fail to open reporting a msvcr71.dll componet missing. If i run the instaltion program it fixes the problem, but the next day it's back. Wondering if it has anything to due with microsoft updates. I tried to use the link (to microsoft support incident reuquest) that what was listed in the thread that was listed, but now it is closed. Is it possable to have that address listed again.

Thank you Kevin

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

Is it possable to have that address listed again.

This worked for me
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.a...d=6527&st=1
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 kkd

kkd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

Thank you Waiting for a reply for microsoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users