Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Vista??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NeedHelpNow322

NeedHelpNow322

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I don't know if anyone can help. I was having a problem the other day, think a virus got into computer. Now nothing works, unless in safe mode. I can't access control panel, can't access windows defender, it wiped out my mcafee, etc.

I am looking to wipe out everything on the computer and reinstall. How can I do that and how can I be sure the "virus, bug, trojan" whatever it or they are, can be wiped out with it.

Can I then install XP?

Please, any help is appreciated, or point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Was Vista originally istalled here? Why not just wipe the drive and reinstall that?
Reinstall Windows Vista
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 NeedHelpNow322

NeedHelpNow322
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

Was Vista originally istalled here? Why not just wipe the drive and reinstall that?
Reinstall Windows Vista

Yes it has Vista on it. I can do that as well. But what I don't know how to do is wipe everything out and reinstall. I'm computer literate, but not that much so. If I had instructions, I could follow. Can I find that anyplace? Thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Not sure what you need that's not in the link.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 NeedHelpNow322

NeedHelpNow322
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Oh, sorry, didn't even realize it was a link. I will access that.
Thanks!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

OK, cool I guess I should have said click.. :thumbsup: I forget sometimes ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users