Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searchfindsite & other search Hijacks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Evoni

Evoni

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

It's intermittent but when I do a search I'm being redirected to searchfindsite and other places, instead of what I'm clicking on. If I repeat the search then I do go to the correct url. I had some problems a couple days ago that MalwareBytes cleaned up, but this continues.

I'm mainly using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and I'm running Windows XP. I have McAfee installed on my computer and while it's useful for alerting me to the fact there might be a problem, it's hopeless in cleaning anything up.

If you need me to close out McAfee to run any scans for you, please let me know if the only way to do that is to completely uninstall it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I will check back every five minutes or so for instructions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Evoni

Evoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

While waiting I did a full Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44 scan of computer. Any ideas for me on what to do next?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3659
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

1/29/2010 4:29:33 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-29 (16-29-33).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 249378
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 27 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#3 Evoni

Evoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Still haven't had any suggestions, any ideas, what steps I should now be taking?

Thanks!

#4 Evoni

Evoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi, I'm getting intermittent redirects when doing searches with Yahoo or Google. I had a warning from McAfee 2 days ago about a trojan and thought it was cleared up by MalwareBytes, but the indirect and slower computer problem remains. I'm using Mozilla Firefox, and Windows XP.

What I'm done is 2 full scans of a updated Malwarebytes and nothing is showing up any longer.

I'm currently using my laptop and the infected computer is in safemode and I've run Atf-Cleaner on it and it's currently doing a full scan with Superantispyware free edition which was updated.

After this current full scan is complete where do I go from here?

I've posted this problem a couple days ago when the Trojan alert was made by McAfee but didn't get any answers to that post.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 February 2010 - 08:49 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users