Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I buy windows 7 in Macedonia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arioch13

Arioch13

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

I have a business in Macedonia but I am from the UK. Right now I am living almost full time in Macedonia (Got fed up when the government pressuring small businesses and watching friends and colleagues suffer)

One of the challenges I have had is my Windows licenses. I have 2 Vista home premium licenses. I want to upgrade them to Windows 7. When I go on the Microsoft website it doesnt allow me to upgrade as there is no option for Macedonia on the site.

I am also wondering if there will be any others issues on the basis of my Vista licenses having been purchased in the UK. Tried asking the help desk at MS on their shop area of the website and I just get a really unhelpful standard script back from them telling me how to buy using the store. Doesnt tell me what to do if the Store doesnt work or confirm if I can buy or not.

I have tried calling and had the most bizaar conversation with the chap on the phone. After some time I politely ended the conversation as he didnt seem to have any idea why I was calling. It was quite funny at the time but not very helpful. Does anyone have any experience of this sort of thing or ideas? They certainly dont seem to sell the upgrade here. I couldnt even find a shop selling Windows 7 at all.

I very much want to upgrade my 2 licenses and perhaps to buy some more new licenses but how do I do that if the country isnt listed on their store website?

Edited by Arioch13, 29 January 2010 - 01:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users