Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shyredone

shyredone

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hey guys new problem. When I try to go to a web page something is changing the address in the web browser and taking me somewhere else. Doesn't matter if I use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 8. I tried to uninstall internet explorer but when I go to control panel there is not a button there to change or remove it. I ran malware and anit-virus but it's not finding anything. Computer is also going slow. Any ideas?
Shyredone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

My guess is that you are infected.

FWIW: I believe that attempting to run various malware-defense programs...after the fact...is bound to be ineffective for some types of malware where discovery is attempted. Shutting the door after the house has been invaded...doesn't seem to phase some of the persons who develop and employ malware each day.

I suggest reviewing the procedures at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ and making a post there. If nothing else, it will eliminate that possibility and you can then focus on potential hardware, software, O/S issues that may be at work.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users