Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple problems with HDMI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaSalmon

DaSalmon

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

I'll get to the first problem first. I just updated the driver on my ATI Radeon HD 4650, and as soon as I did I lost picture to my Insignia plasma TV. Now even with I reboot my computer the picture never comes up no matter what. What can I do to fix this, and why would this happen!?

The reason I was updating my driver in the first place was because after installing magic jack my speakers stopped working. I thought updating all my drivers could solve the problem. Guess not!

Normally I have realtek as the default sound, but it won't work either. When I plug in the magic jack, a new speakers option appears under playback devices. Got me on that one!

Anybody know how I can get my picture back, so I can begin to tackle the audio problem... lol =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

You can try rolling back the drivers for the graphics card, but the Magic Jack is what is screwing it up. I've never used it, so I have no troubleshooting recommendations (besides removing it, which is the first thing I would try).

The new drivers would probably work if you took out the Magic Jack. Try that first. If the new drivers still don't work after removing the Magic Jack, try rolling back the drivers.

If that doesn't work either, we'll go from there. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 DaSalmon

DaSalmon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

I won't be able to roll back the drivers without being able to see anything. Maybe if I tried it on another monitor...

I'll test a couple things out, and get back to this thread. If anyone has any other ideas be sure to speak up! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users