Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphics card booting problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 divpreet

divpreet

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:17 AM

hello everyone plz help me out, i m havin a lot of trouble.
i installed win 7 on my computer and it worked very f9 for a almost 1 month, after wich d problem started. i was quitely watching a movie on my computer wen it hanged, & after shutting it down improperly, it hangs at the windows logo everytime i start it. :thumbsup:
but if i remove graphics card from my cpu then it boots normally.
i have nvidia graphic card 8500GT.
and motherboard MS7267.

Plz help me out.
thnks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

You have already uninstalled the nVidia video drivers...and then tried a boot and reinstall of same?

Louis

#3 divpreet

divpreet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

thnx for ur response Louis

yes i have uninstalled the nvidia drivers.
it doesn't boots if i insert the graphics card, doesn't matters ndvidia drivers are installed or not.
even if i set my graphic adapter as primary display device in the bios with graphic card inserted it doesn't boot.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

IMO...that just doesn't make sense...unless you have some sort of short in the motheboard which begins/revolves around your slot for installing a physical graphics card.

A device that's installed physically but not enabled in the BIOS...should not have the capability of interfering with boot/operating system processes, as I see it.

But the others here know a lot more about hardware than I do, so I suggest you await inputs from others.

Louis

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

whether this helps or not...here is a short story and a suggestion.
Years ago in 2003 (I still own this system btw) I had an FIC VA-503+ Motherboard. It has an AMD K-7 500Mhz type processor.
I started out with an 8Mb PCI card, it didn't run graphic intensive programs very well.
I got by with a Voodoo3 2000 16Mb PCI video card, but that even had slow graphics.
Any way when I tried installing a 64 Mb ATI Radeon 7000 video card and attempted to boot the system, it would not get past the Windows 98 splash screen before it rebooted over and over again, till I shut it down.
Nothing I did fixed this problem, until I got brave and flashed my motherboard's BIOS rom.
Once I had flashed it with F2A5LEF09 Bios, I tried buying that video card again and to my amazement, the post went into windows, where I was even able to install the catalyst software and drivers.
The card still works in that old relic (LOL)
I was also able to upgrade my AMD K-7 233Mhz processor to a AMD K-7 500 Mhz Processor after flashing the BIOS.
The point I'm trying to make here is, if there are no defective hardware issues, perhaps you need to flash your motherboards BIOS chip to a newer version, that supports newer hardware.
Go to your motherboard's web site and see if there is newer firmware available and check to see what the BIOS update revisions offer....they might actually add newer hardware support or bug fixes.
(EDIT): I also suggest going to your motherboard's chipset driver web site and downloading and installing the newest and latest chipset drivers.

Hope my two cents worth helps you divpreet

Edited by MrBruce1959, 03 February 2010 - 02:08 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 divpreet

divpreet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

flahing the bios didn't help, already had d latest one.
i have flashed it b4.

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:06 AM

flahing the bios didn't help, already had d latest one.
i have flashed it b4.

Ok have you tried to get the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard?

If yes, perhaps there is something wrong with that video card, you say it worked for a while then suddenly the system crashed and won't load windows with that card installed.

Although I have not researched whether or not that card is supported by your system or not. The card may have become over-heated at some point and the grapics chip could be damaged.

I suggest you try another graphics card and see if you have the same problem. Then you'll know if there is a motherboard problem or graphics card problem.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Also make sure any voltage settings in the video card section of your BIOS is set to the correct voltage for that video card, it might be too high or too low.

Most BIOSes have a voltage setting for graphics cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users