Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adope cs4 wont work, firefox is opening wrong windows..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerrylee

jerrylee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

I just separated from my wife, left my development machine behind, and have my laptop which the kids used. It now will not open several programs, including users in the control panel, google chrome, and others, when I click on links, most of the time it goes to different windows, I have ran malwarebytes, azerias, registry mechanic, and even went to reinstall windows at the i362 file, but it isn't there to reinstall from, (I don't have a cd player on this), I have 4 websites to get finished by monday, or I won't have money to pay for a place to live, and it is cold outside!
Please help! I am attaching the files you had asked someone else to include with your dds I think it was called.

Did I mention I cannot open, reinstall or anything with my adobe cs4 software? I downloaded new stuff and everything.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

Hi and Welcome to BleepingComputer,

I do not know how to help you with the problems you are having with the computer right now but there is one problem I might be able to help with. You have posted logs in the HijackThis section of the forum and if you want to continue there, you really cannot get help in this section. That would not be a problem for the most part except you seem to be in a hurry for help and help in the HijackThis forum could be a couple of weeks away as they are really backlogged.

Also, if the file you have attached in this thread is a HijackThis log, you should remove it as they are not allowed in this section of the forum. The only place they are allowed is in the HijackThis section of the forum. You can do that by clicking on the edit button on the bottom of your post and just remove the attachment. Anyway, I think you can remove the attachment that way, if not, let us know and someone can help you with that. I am not sure if you can remove attachments as I have never put an attachment in a post.

If you want to continue in this section of the forum, I suggest that you request your other topics be closed so you can continue here. It is up to you, of course, which way you want to go, but until you take care of the above problems, you really cannot get help in this section.

I am sure people would love to help you, but the posts in the HijackThis section have tied our hands. If the scans you ran for malware turned up infections and you feel you are still infected, your post here can be moved to the Am I Infected section of the forum where you can receive help, but only after you let us know what you want to do about your HijackThis logs.

If you want your thread in the HijackThis forum closed and continue here or the Am I Infected section, please let us know that and what infections your scans found.

Good luck

Edited by Stang777, 29 January 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#3 jerrylee

jerrylee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:12 AM

I appreciate all your help, but couldn't you have just helped me with all that typing? I run several forums myself, and apologize for taking up space on yours, but I was in a desperate need. I didn't realize the other section was empty, and was hoping that someone in this one might be able to help. My timing is very serious. I will try something different.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

I am sorry, but like I said, I cannot help you with your computer problems. The main reason for that is, I have no idea how to fix it, sorry.

The only reason I replied at all was to tell you how to get help here from someone who is more knowledgable than I.

There is no reason for you to be sorry, you did not know how the forum works, which is why I told you. I want you to be able to get help here but once you post a HijackThis log it is not advisable to make changes to your system if you want help using the HijackThis log and a HijackThis log is not allowed in this section.

I know you are desperate for help, that is why I told you how to get it here. The people here are great at helping and I am sure someone who can help you will be along soon if you want help in any section other than the HijackThis forum.

Btw, it is not my forum, I am just someone who was trying to help you.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

Nice effort, Stang777...some persons just don't seem to understand that their "emergencies" may not move ahead of all other "emergencies" that others may have.

The "emergency" answer is, of course...clean install and restore a backup...for those who are unwilling to attain an appropriate perspective on seeking help.

Louis

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thank you Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users