Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot run program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 William Badger

William Badger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:50 AM

I have followed the steps to getting rid of the malware defence virus and i can now use my computer but now internet explore keeps giving me messages saying it needs to close when im not even running it, firefox does the same but only when i use it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:57 AM

IME (on systems infected and owned/used by others), some alterations are made to system files which prevent normal use of browsers.

I spent a number of hours trying to clean/restore a system with such and it never did regain ifs full functionality.

I finally deleted the partition and did a clean install My hat goes off to those members who try to resolve malware situations on a daily basis.

FWIW: BC Removal Guide, Malware Defense

NOTE these lines of the guide: "If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log."

The log should not be posted in this forum, but in the HJT forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users