Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee AV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prave

prave

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:01 AM

i found that norton 'suck' my com dry n have experienc many problem when removing virus.My friend tell me to uninstall norton n get mcafee(which i have brought)So i want to ask u all is it good?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:07 AM

Good for you!

I have been with McAfee for years. I think they are superior to Norton. The first thing I do with computers that I maintain, is remove Norton and install McAfee. I think Norton slows down the system and I hate their live update, as it seems to work very slow. I run McAfee SecuritySuite and I forget it is even installed. It keeps me protected while staying out of the way. If something tries to get my machine, I get a fast pop-up telling me it was blocked.

I think you made the right choice. Anti-virus programs seem to be quite personal to people and everyone has a favorite they stand by. I have used a dozen or so, and tested many more, and I prefer McAfee. I have not found a problem with any of their products. You will need to manually clean several old files of Norton to get a lot of space back, along with improved performance.

:thumbsup:

#3 prave

prave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

thx for the reply!

#4 stidyup

stidyup