Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer will not open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goomba76

goomba76

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

I'm running Windows XP. When I try to open Internet Explorer it goes to a box that says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" the only options to choose from are Notepad or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Any Idea what went wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

How are you trying to open IE? Exactly what are you doing?

That message has no relevance at all for a program, IE is a program...it is used to open certain types of files.

If you mean that IE won't open if you double-click the IE icon or select it from the Start/Programs list...please indicate exactly what you are doing and what happens.

System manufacturer and model? What version of IE? Any reason to think your system is infected?

Louis

#3 Hiramabiff

Hiramabiff

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:38 AM

If the box gives you the option of searching for a program aim it at c drive,programs internet explorer folder and then the big E.Ocassionally mine has the same problem.Don't ask me why but these 64 bit processors are a bit quirky sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users