Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows updates not working at all

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

ok so my son was on my computer earlier and somehow clicked the wiper in comodo system cleaner and somehow set it to wipe my whole system .

i have spent the whole day doing system restore and putting everything back on my computer, done all scans with av and spyware programs

and then last but not least had to install windows updates

ok so i clicked on install all important updates and left it running and 4 hours later it was still on 0%, so i thought i would try unimportant updates to see if that made a difference still 0% after afew hours ..

since then i have scoured the net and not found any solution to my problem

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/ i went to this site and it said the oga and wga excuse me if that wrong not very comp literate failed so they directed me to install what they had given me and the oga worked but the wga didnt and it told me to goto control panel > internet option >connection > then something like use a proxy server for you lan and that didnt work .

i have looked through my online armor firewall to see if that was blocking anything and that was all fine ... so now im really stuck and dont have a clue what to do

i have seen some articles about go to $$$$ mess about with the dll msg or some stuff i dont understand and wont mess with

oh nearly forgot i found on microsoft site windowsupdateagent30-x86.. i ran that installed and had to reboot still no joy lol arghhhhhhhh

oh the oga and wga thingys were plugin installers i just looked at my downloads

so any help would be gr8 , and please make it as simple as posssible lol

thanks in advance to any1 who can help me

sorry im on vista home premium sp2

Edited by adz63, 28 January 2010 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

Hi!

Have you tried downloading each update individually from the list that comes up? I'm assuming that when you use Windows Update, you get a list of all possible updates. When there, just select a single one, and see if it downloads. If it errors out, it should give you an error code. Please post that here.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

i tried everything i found on the hundreds of sites i looked at and tried installing singluar , i gave up last night

but this morning they actually gave me an error code and after searching that code it directed me to microsoft fix it (or whatever its called) i run that in normal mode and hey presto everything is a ok now

thanks for your reply

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

No problem!

Glad to know you fixed your problem :huh:

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users