Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected - Bad viruses, malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lupz

Lupz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Hi there I am new to the forums.

I just want to see how I could solve my current problem,

I have windows xp home, and the computer name is velocity micro.

I got some nasty viruses that prevented me from installing anything, from running a virus scan, from browsing the internet (said the page was infected and redirected me to the address about:blank), and my desktop was gone.

Soon I had a bunch of popups that said I was infected by an unknown antivirus program... I forgot the name of it, i think it was antivirus home.

So i decided to start in safemode through the msconfig and i selected safemode boot option. after I restarted, I was not able to succesfully boot. It went to the logo screen, then soon a bluescreen quickly flashed, then the computer restarted. Now i cannot get through windows, even after selecting to boot on my last known configuration that worked.

The computer wont allow me to access my recovery disk option, it just shows a blank dark screen when i choose those options.

I am just wondering if there was a way to disable safemode or what I can do.

NOTE: the computer doesnt have a cd drive, I need to go buy a usb one.. it is a laptop.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vpoffice

vpoffice

• Banned Spammer
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

well, it is a common problem, we also will get this virus in china, and our way is to reboot from cd by a software called "PE", it is a small software to let you get throuh the desktop and then you can reinstall your computer.
and i know you have no cd driver, so you can put the "PE" software in the usb flash drive, then reboot the computer from USB.
good luck..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users