Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall detector

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brokerb311

brokerb311

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Does anyone know of a firewall detector for Vista to determine what program is being used to block certain sites?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

If someone has put security measures in place to block those "certain sites" we cannot help you.

edit to add: is this a company computer? I noticed in your DDS log that it was Run by sears-employee

From BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

If this is related to your post HERE in the HJT Forum:

you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files,
edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in
system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications
you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend
the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Edited by boopme, 29 January 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#3 brokerb311

brokerb311
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

We are a small franchised sears store. The store manager has asked me to try to remove whatever is blocking some sites. This is the only pc here that has a block. The former IT worker is no longer with us.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for your response.
At this time, you need to wait until a member of the HJT can help you with your posted log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users