Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Defense Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EddieNeedsHelp

EddieNeedsHelp

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Okay so my sister's computer is completely overtaken by Malware Defense. Upon starting up the computer 5 or 6 different notifications/windows pop up all telling me to install Malware Defense. It has blocked or redirected me from every website that I try to download anti-virus programs from. I can't open Malware Bytes or Super Anti-Virus because it gives me a pop up saying that those files are infected. Almost every time that I try to do something on the computer it freezes within five minutes of me turning it on. Everything freezes on the screen and then only the mouse moves. If I click more than twice, the mouse freezes too and then I have to restart the computer. I can't run, let alone update, any of the programs I have installed via flash drive because the virus won't let me. Please help as my sister has important files and information on this computer that she needs!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS IF:
1. You are going to give me a link that tells me how to do it manually. I have tried and the directions on these websites tell me to delete files/programs/processes that are NOT on my computer. I have removed viruses manually before and know my way around the registry and although I appreciate the effort, those directions do not apply to my situation.

2. You are going to tell me to run rkill or that I may have to run it multiple times for it to work. I have run rkill over 50 times (I'm not exaggerating either) and the computer freezes every single time. I have let it alone for hours to come back only to the frozen screen so I know it's not an issue that I wasn't being patient.

Thanks for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users