Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Antivirus Pro 2010

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daywalk3r

daywalk3r

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:08 AM

Just discovered this forum, so Hi everyone!

Anyway, I got the exact same problem as the user above me.
Got infected last night with some bleepty spyware that's called "XP Antivirus Pro 2010"

I've read through several forums and sites for the last 11 hours now.. and it feels like I tried everything.
As the above user said, the removal methods suggested via internet search doesn't work.

Feels like it's an updated version of the old Antivirus Pro 2010 that has popped up.

Oh well.. I would be grateful for life is someone could help us out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daywalk3r

daywalk3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hey daywalk3r,

still got my problem... have you tried to look for the files like i did for manual deletion and they dont exist... or the names of files must be different
i've also tried rkill all 4 formats and they dont work to stop it either...

you guys were really good last time!
please someone help!!!!

Yeah, I certainly have.

Like I said, i've gone through hundreds of sites and forums, and they have listed all sorts of files, folders and rootkits to remove.
I haven't found a single file/folder that they've listed to remove on my computer.

I have no idea on what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users