Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't save anything...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chadikas

chadikas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

Hello everyone

I have a weird problem.. I do not know if it's frequent, or not, but whenever I try to save something on Firefox, or Internet Explorer the program simply becomes "blank" and does not respond. It is the same when I try to change my display picture in MSN messenger. In fact, it happens everytime the save/open window opens...

When it happens, the program won't close until I end the process in Task Manager. Everytime I open it, I see the process " Dumprep". Maybe this can help you understanding my problem

I hope this was clear and that you can help me, because I really have no clue why it does that.

Thank you very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

Sounds like a memory problem, i.e. not enough. without any more info I would guess you have 256MB of RAM or less. Right , you need more. Wrong, check for spyware or too many unnecessary programs running that you don't need. Really need to know your specs for a better fix.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 chadikas

chadikas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

In fact I have 512 MB (504 exactly) of RAM

And when I look in task manager I do have a lot of programs running...

I've been checking for spywares all afternoon, and I tried to solve most of the problems

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users