Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing most likely the nastiest filter ever

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nersi

Nersi

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hello,

As by reading the title, you might have figured I'm some young child trying to get around safe-eyes to access "the real internet"

Truth be told, my friends mac died *Battery and optical drive* and asked if he could have mine for school related things, I said of course. He set up an account and all was good, until I got my computer back and wanted to use it for this weekend.

It seems safe eyes has permeated through even the root admin's profile, that or he installed it on there. I asked him about it, he said he never had the trouble before... though I doubt he never has tried to get rid of safe eyes.

So, I come to you, mac people, in the hopes of destroying all files that are safe eyes.... I have root admin access, but I do not want to restart my computer fresh as I have some important saves on it.

So, here is what I've tried

Unlocking safe eyes, and trying to manually delete all the files - No Go, it seems there are over 50 files scattered in different hidden locations that even root admin has a hard time finding.

Uninstall *code* - That would have worked, save for the problem of my "sticky fingers" I deleted the application root wise, thinking it would just go away... problem is it didn't, and now I can't uninstall it that way as the application is gone, but everything else isn't... furthered by the fact that Safe-eyes built in a redundancy to prevent people fro re-installing it if all the files are still present.

So, can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Have you tried contacting their support services?
http://www.internetsafety.com/support/contact-support.php

Did you empty the Trash?

#3 Nersi

Nersi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Emptied the Trash, and I figured someone here would know how to do it, and faster. I mean no offense, but contacting customer support for me, has been a final resort, and if I go final resort, I'll just restore my system.

#4 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

I'm pretty sure the Mac OS X Install DVD supports repair installs, which restore it to factory settings. You WILL have to back up in this case, and I'm not totally sure it supports it. To boot to the DVD, hold 'C' before the Apple logo appears. You will be able to go into terminal, Disk Utility (which you want). In the CD's disk utility, after you have backed up, go to Restore, and then click restore hard disk (figureativly speacking, you'd click your harddisk then click restore.) If you don't want to do all this, then you might want to take it into Apple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users