Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot open .xlsx file with compatibility pack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mussels

Mussels

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

I am currently using microsoft xp with office 2003 installed. I downloaded the office compatibility pack and i am able to open all office 2007 documents under my administrator account. When i log off and log on as a limited user i can open all office 2007 documents except excel.

Whenever i try to open an .xlsx document it gives me an error stating that this file is not recognizable. i have tried uninstalling and re-installing the compatibility pack and get the same results. My administrator account goes thru the conversion process and everything can be read just fine, but the limited user account receives the error.

Thank you,
Mussels

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mussels

Mussels
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

I was assisted on another forum with a temp. fix. If i change the .xlsx file to open with microsoft open xml converter the file opens just fine under all users. It doesnt explain to me why the file opens normally under admin and not other users, but it will allow you to view the excel file without errors.

Thanks,
Mussels

Edited by Mussels, 28 January 2010 - 02:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users