Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS N81vg laptop shutsdown abruptly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AbdulAzim

AbdulAzim

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

Hello,

I have recently purchased an ASUS N81vg laptop. OS - Windows Vista Home Premium.

Laptop specs are as follows:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Model: ASUS Notebook N81Vg Series
Processor: Intel core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz
Memory: 4 GB

The problem is that while executing certain programs, watching movies etc. the laptop shuts down abruptly. Since the laptop is recently purchased and it is under warranty. I did take it to the vendor but they returned it after few days saying that there was nothing wrong with it.
I changed the Battery settings to balanced and it did stay for 24 hours without shutting down, but today morning I faced the same issue again. The laptop went off twice while I was working on it.
What I did notice is that in the task manager there are several programs running, out of which skype and skype extras was using the most memory. So, I closed the application and since then it is ok for now. But I would really appreciate if someone could guide me whether this problem is related to hardware or software?
I really can't figure it out. And if its a software related problem, then I would need some assistance in solving it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

~AbdulAzim~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

If you do not use skype much take it out of start up then only start it up when you need it. Go here this will assist you in cleaning up your start menu: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33012/how-to-use-the-startup-database/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users