Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Import of secure policies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Learning123

Learning123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

XP (Pro) offers a lot of settings for its auditing, security, networking and other features. I would have thought Microsoft and perhaps even more so, various security web-sites would publish exported settings that would make a system super-secure, semi-secure, etc... In other words, a few setups ranging from "your-bank-pc" to "your-secure-gaming-pc" kinds of setups. So far I only was able to find such settings at http://www.auditmypc.com/ipsec-policy.asp.

So one question is - do people know if this is a trust-worthy site? (siteadvisor.com seems to suggest it is but more confirmation would be nice).

Perhaps a more important question is did I miss similar settings published by other sites? Do you have any pointers?

I am being asked to setup a super-secure PC for banking purposes, and ideally it would only have access to a limited set of banking sites, and nothing else; thus disabling any and all other Windows connectivity. Any suggestions on this front would be greatly appreciated! I did not find any way to limit internet access to just a given set of sites (note - doing this at the browser level is not good enough since say a keylogger can use its own connectivity as needed to phone back to base), but I guess something along the lines of above settings at least tries to turn off various other protocols / features that I may not need!

Thank you for your pointers and thoughts!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users