Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira Registry Sweep Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maximianusherculius

maximianusherculius

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

I downloaded the Avira RegClean. I got rid of a few Avira line items that were left over. There are still over 170 line items, half of which are "zonemap" entries. Most of the other half of the entries it lists are "HKEY_USERS\system\controlset002\s-1-5-21-". A bunch of numbers and two more dashes follow that prefix. I cannot see the entire line, the window cuts it off after "-1003\Software\MicrosoftWindows\C".

I am running this program to clean up what pieces of Avira AntiVir may have been left behind. There are three Avast line items. Avast is my current AV.

Should I delete these registry entries with the exception of the few Avast entries?
Windows XP Professional 2002 sp3 32bit (ACPI Multiprocessor PC); Google Chrome and Mozilla w/Keyscramble
Processors: Twin Dual Core E5200's @ 2.5 GHz & 2 GB of RAM;..... MOTHERBOARD: INTEL
Hard Drive: Seagate 240GB ST3250310AS;..... SECURITY: Realtime is Avira (free) and Online Armor (free)
DVD/CD Drive: ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P;..... MALWARE Scanners: MBAM, SAS
WIRELESS: Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter;..... DISPLAY Adaptors: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

Create restore point and go ahead.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 maximianusherculius

maximianusherculius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

Good point. Sometimes I forget the obvious approach.
Windows XP Professional 2002 sp3 32bit (ACPI Multiprocessor PC); Google Chrome and Mozilla w/Keyscramble
Processors: Twin Dual Core E5200's @ 2.5 GHz & 2 GB of RAM;..... MOTHERBOARD: INTEL
Hard Drive: Seagate 240GB ST3250310AS;..... SECURITY: Realtime is Avira (free) and Online Armor (free)
DVD/CD Drive: ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P;..... MALWARE Scanners: MBAM, SAS
WIRELESS: Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter;..... DISPLAY Adaptors: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

:huh:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users