Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xpPro SP 3 and media player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:44 PM

i went to the microsoft download page to see about upgrading my media player from 9 to 11...

it said it was for xp with service pack 2. i tried to google whether or not i would have any issues but i couldnt get a clear answer. i got alot of info on what SP 3 was supposed to fix (didnt understand any of it) but not whether i should upgrade...

thanks for everyones help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

I would upgrade to SP3 as it does increase performance regardless of any one says. I notice a huge difference in speed from WIn XP Pro SP2 and an SP3 machine.

#3 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

yes, i have SP 3. i was wondering about how well or bad media player 11 works with that SP...

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

It should work just fine. SP2 is just a pre-requisite to install it.

#5 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

oh, okay...

thanks

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have both installed with no problems that I can discern.

Media Player is Media Player...not sure what you are asking when you wonder how it works with SP3.

FWIW: One of the reasons that Microsoft applications are continuously being updated...is that known system vulnerabilities are found in older/prior versions...which today's malware artists use to exploit users who don't seem to know this. Ditto for Java and Flash Player.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users