Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer is restarting over and over again....please help me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geneticsmfm

geneticsmfm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hello,
I have a serious problem with my computer. I found out that I ahd an autorun.inf virus on my computer. So googled up to find out a program which could delet this virus. And a program called Combofix came out on www.bleepingcomputer.com So after I initiated the program it went on with it's procedures. And in when it was finised it restarted. Then I realised that it just restarted over and over and over again. Everytime it's giving me the options either to pick "recovery console" or "windows xp professional". Well I'm not a professional user and now I'm stuck with this problem.
Please, could you help to get my computer back on it's feet.
Thank you very much...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Hello and welcome

Unfortunately as you have learned the Guide has this paragraph.
You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

I will move this to our Malware Removal forum in hopes someone can save this.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

Are you able to get into safe mode? What exactly is happening? Are you getting a login screen? What does the boot up process get to before it restarts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users