Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Vista 2010

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vincent Volaju

Vincent Volaju

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

I have Antivirus VISTA 2010, but I can't find anything on how to uninstall it, and everything I google comes up with the XP version, which is different from mine somehow. I have none of the programs the list names running, and I can't find the folders or files associated with it.

I've tried to install Malwarebyte, but the install file isn't working, and I've renamed it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 olibaron

olibaron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

Hi There,

It is an anoying little bugger isn't it. It is an updated version of the XP version. It made changes to your registry so to every exe file you open gets opened via Antivirus Vista 2010. Irritating because the same stuff happens in safe mode.
Some programs works when you use "Run as Administrator". To get rid of it try to install malwarebyte.

Run your computer in safe mode with networking. You might use google chrome for browsing. To start your browser: select start menu end then rightclick on your browser icon and select "run as administrator". download malwarebyte and save the install to your desktop. Right Click the malwarebytes icon and select "Run as Administrator".
The program will install. From the startmenu richtclick on the malware icon and select "run as Administrator". Maybe it will update first. If that happens, wait untill the update has finished and then run it again as administrator from the startmenu. MalwareBytes should start. Run a quickscan. It will find a trojan and a rootkit (tdds) and some other stuff. Remove it.
Than run explorer as administrator and also run taskmanager as administrator. If taskmanager is running you will still see a process called av.exe. Stop this process and delete the av.exe file from your user folder C:\Users\%userfolder%\AppData\Local
If you cannot delete it at once, rename it first.
If it is deleted you still have the faulty shell open commands in your registry. You can do this by selecting exe on this page if you run vista http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/...dows-Vista.html.
download the reg and install it.
The file associations are fixed now. You can check by normally clicking on a program icon. The program should open normally.

after that open regeditor and do a search on "av.exe". Delete these keys.

Hope you will manage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users