Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recent Combofix bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hello:

While responding to a user who ran Combofix on their own (and subsequently uninstalled after running), I realized they had deleted their personal data folder. Short of running CFscript (which I already attempted) and trying a complete partition recovery, is there anything else that can be done? Thanks.
fueled by coffee™

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hello mybuddyeric and welcome.gif to BleepingComputer.

We've got a topic set up specifically for dealing with this problem, so I'd like to direct you there. - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290138/combofix-problems-and-resolution-for-legitimate-files-being-deleted/

Unfortunately, if ComboFix has been uninstalled it's very unlikely that anything can be done, as the backups have been removed.

If you've any questions about this issue, please post them in the topic I linked above. Any general questions you can ask here, and I'll be happy to answer what I can.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

This topic is closed as this is not the proper forum for discussion on ComboFix unless it is in response to diagnosis of a log.

All discussion related to ComboFix should be conducted in the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum.

If a log needs diagnosing please post the log in this forum. Thank You.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users