Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor Trojan Virus Found on my Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 csiagent

csiagent

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

My computer is most definitely infected with a virus. It has taken over my browser and disabled MalwareBytes and any other antivirus software I try to run. It has downloaded nasty icons on my desktop and re-routes my browser to the same nasty websites. In an attempt to get rid of this virus I reformatted my hard drive and wiped it clean. I reinstalled Windows XP Pro and when I got online the virus came back took over my browser, reinstalled the nasty icons and repeated the whole process over again. It seems it was hiding in the memory modules. I do not know how to clean memory like you can clean a hard drive. Please help me, I am lost without my computer.
System:
80Gig raptor
Win XP Pro
2g Ram
Those who watch with indifference the attacks upon their neighbors, fall into degeneracy themselves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 csiagent

csiagent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

I would like to see if my computer is salvageable. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
Those who watch with indifference the attacks upon their neighbors, fall into degeneracy themselves.

#3 countdrac

countdrac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hi, I was infected big time. My browsers were hijacked and I had to press Ctrl alt Del to run taskmanager to run explorer to get windows to work. Outlook frezing up and I had all sorts of problems. I was browsing here thursday night and seen other people had similar problems. I thought about reformatting then I came upon this english website prevx and thought what the hell all i could lose was 14- 28 euros if it didn't work. I had already run malware antibytes and came up with 18 odd infections but alas they kept coming back...

I tried it and it worked for me. I'm well into my computers and had tried many things....if you want the website address just email me. (pat@pattroy.net)

Hope this helps..

Rgds
Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users