Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows is shutting down with timer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bambam13

bambam13

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

Ok here it goes my computer started acting funny about 3 weeks ago. Everytime i searched it redirected my search. Just learned to bypass this with good ole copy paste. then 3 days ago my computer went crazy. I would get an error from Generic Host Process for Win 32 services then a timer would pop up stating that windows was shutting down. I finally figured out how to run malaware using the good ole shutdown -a command. Malaware is showing no problems. i have also ran spy bot search and destroy which found 20 hijacked files after fixing these my search engines have returned to normal but still having the system shutdown error. So i ran Panda anti virus. Found no problems. I have run TFC and ATF Cleaners. I have ran Microsoft Malicious software removal tool(it found nothing). Tried AVG but it would not load kept giving me an error finally tried SDfix when computer rebooted got an error for that so i closed it. After all this still have problem and Now have a red shield showing up that tells me to click ballon to secure my computer. Please help me I am not the greatest at computers so go slow and be patient i just need help please also let you know when search engines were fixed and i tried to log onto some of my bank accounts the computer popped a phishing scam up to try and get my pin numbers never seen this before so i knew it was still there. Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

Welcome to BC. First, if you ever think your PC is infected do NOT try and access any bank accounts you may have.(or anything of the sort). Have you tired to run any of these scanners in safe mode? Hmm, the red button you describe could be Microsoft secruity center stating you have no firewall or Antivirus installed. I am a little confused, you ran the scanners and cleaned up right? Now you get the balloon right? Rerun an updated version of Malwarebytes and see what it finds. If nothing after all you've done. Then I would go here http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ and run a scan via your internet browser. If it is indeed the Microsoft sec center you can ask it to not display alerts.

#3 bambam13

bambam13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

i ran the sdfix in safety mode it did not complete when it rebooted it gave an error. i chose to ignore the error but the sdfix is still not completing. Also the shutdown timer is still popping up so i have not gotten rid of the problem.

#4 bambam13

bambam13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

The SDfix error that im getting is 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
SDFIX
NTVDM has encountered a system error
then it ask to ignore or cancel.

#5 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

You could try to use system restore to restore your system to an earlier point when you were not experiencing these issues.

#6 killbumper

killbumper

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

I am experiencing the same thing and it also started about 3 weeks ago!!!
I tried system restore and it did not work..
computer was fine till I got online.
then i get the same notice..

#7 killbumper

killbumper

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

I get a window that states generic host for win32 service has encountered a problem.
it offers send and don't send error report.
then the Windows NT Authority displayes.

Edited by killbumper, 27 January 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#8 bambam13

bambam13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

I also have tried system restore twice and this did not correct the problem i am also getting the win generic host error most time it happens right before system shutdown. So i need to know where to go from here.

#9 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

Ok i need some extra info. Are these systems updated(from Microsoft) what service pack and OS are you guys running. In all honesty I would save time and ghost the drives(back up important documents) download your drivers and reinstall windows fresh.

I believe there is a hotfix for this from Microsoft so try and update first before anything else.

#10 erachinskas

erachinskas

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

Dont know if this helps AS I AM NEW and Learning. I had that and gave Norton $150.00 to take over my computer and fix it. Well they couldn't do it. I found a forum On this site wich talked about turning off your system restore points and it worked. I may have had something differant but search hear you will find it. These peeps are the BEST. :thumbsup:

#11 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

So this is solved then. Glad to hear you found the answers on here. This is a great site. Then again, i wouldnt reccomend turning off sysrestore(only to run virus scans,etc). I guess if it works it works but i would turn it back on eventually or great backups if you decide to leave it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users