Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:32 PM

Hey guys,

Working on my pc, press the power button to turn it on and bam. The systemm lights everything up for less than a second and then shuts down. The weird thing is the power button led was still on. No matter how many times you press it nothing happened.

Now my problem is simple, whenever I try to turn my pc on the led's light up, shutoff, but the power button led stays on. And no the os doesnt load when i do that.

I took off the side window that has the side fan off of the case tried to turn it on. Everything works fine, led's on system boots. Everything. Then i put the case window back on secure it into place and tip my computer back upright, and bam shutoff. power button is left on.

Ive checked all powere connections in and out of the case, practiaclly rebuilt it still same problem. Im running out of ideas. `

Edit: Alright, got the computer on...... But no sound. Ive rebooted, checked connections inside and out, and reinstalled audio drivers......no luck.

Any suggestions?

Edited by TEB, 28 August 2005 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:42 AM

Try putting the side panel on without plugging in the fan.
Have you blew the dust from the power supply lately?
Check and make sure the 20 pin connector is plugged in good.
Sounds like a power supply problem.

#3 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

Yeh, it tunrs out it was. PSU started smoking smelled birnt plastic, immeidately dfisconnected everything checked for damage. Requested rma from newegg, and packed the case up and shipped it back...gonna get a replacement in a few days.

I hope it didnt overvolt anything thats the last hing i need.

sorry for my spelling typing on laptop.......man i hate laptop keyboards.

Edited by TEB, 29 August 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

I hope it didnt overvolt anything thats the last hing i need.

I think you should be alright have seen several do this and just reinstalled a new PS and everything was fine. But you know what they say: There is a first for everything. :thumbsup:

sorry for my spelling typing on laptop.......man i hate laptop keyboards

Amen! I'm with you on that. :flowers:

Oh wait my typing isn't good on any keyboard... :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users