Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dvd drive disappearing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eyeballs

eyeballs

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I have a dell vostro 1000 running win vista home basic and when I turn it on the dvd drive has disappeared I checked the device manager and no sign of it. It showed up yesterday so i used the device manager to update the driver to see would that solve the problem. but when I turned it on today and it was gone again.
This is driving me mad so if you can help I'd be very grateful
and another problem, I opened it up to see if the connection to the drive was loose and when I put it back the keyboard wont work everything else is fine you just cant type anything
Help

Edited by eyeballs, 26 January 2010 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

hello

the cd/dvd drive going missing in vista is a VERY common problem across the web... microsoft has some fixits (they work for some)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

one thing to look at... is the cd/dvd drive still show up in the BIOs? start tapping the f2 button @ the mfgr splashscreen, just see if its still recognized there....good luck :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users