Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are ther any Alternatives-PPD ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

I recently visited a site concerning MS Free 60 day trial for the Power Point Download,
there was also a reference to Open Office Impress, . .

Probblem is it is a 6-7 hr, D/L, . . is there another way to open a PPD file, if someone happens tp e-mail you one ?

Edit: Moved topic from Photo Albums, Images, and Videos to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yes you can use MS Power Point Viewer. It's still a 25+MB File however. Take a look here: PowerPoint Viewer 2007

PowerPoint Viewer 2007 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions. This viewer also supports opening password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. You can view and print presentations, but you cannot edit them in the PowerPoint Viewer 2007

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Thank you your Majesty !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

I don't know about the 'Your Majesty' part. :thumbsup: But you're welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

Oh, Nothing Personal its just a term inspired by your avatar, like an auto response thing.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Animal,

If you happen to get back here, . . would you, . . Please, take a look at this;

Here

and give me your take on this.

In regards to the previous discussion, this thread, I am on my way to find out if I can get a CD for this as that D/L was to large, and that is when I found the above.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Not sure what you mean? Why do you think you need the Windows Registry File Extension Repair Utility ? Which is what your link above is for. And what does that have to do with PowerPoint Viewer?

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

Although I am guilty of oversight or short sightedness here, . .
Please allow me to avoid looking like a Bumbler, and let me divert to answering you with a question, . .

Is this not a means to correct errors that concern the opening of PPS Images that are a PPD file ?

i.e. ;

What Is The Windows Registry?

" The majority of file extension errors in Windows are caused by errors related to the Windows Registry.

The Windows Registry is a directory which stores settings and options for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It contains information and settings for all the hardware, operating system software, most non-operating system software, and per-user settings".

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users