Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uncontrolled Web Sites Pop Ups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brzl69

brzl69

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi,

It's been a couple of weeks I am having this annoying problem.
During web surfing, from nowhere a web site pops up on my screen, advertisement, survey, etc...
I tried running viruses protection, malware/ spyware removers, but nothing was able up to this point, to get rid of the problem and I would not like to re-load windows.
My system:

dell laptop latitude d630 duo core service pack 2.

I appreciate any help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yaredawi

Yaredawi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

What antispywared and antimalware tools have you tried?

#3 brzl69

brzl69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Symantec endpoint protection

Lava soft Ad-Aware

#4 brzl69

brzl69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

Well, its been sometime since I started having this problem and I am acting on my own since no HELPER :trumpet: showed up with any advice for me.
I installed Microsoft Security essentials which seemed to help a little with this trojan win32/ fakescanti, but still having problems with web site redirecting. Installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. No luck still.
The only one that seemed to work so far was Stopzilla software :thumbsup: . I tried for a few days and didn't have any web site redirection. They have an option called web guard specifically for that fuction. The only problem is: it isn't free :flowers: .
I even ran ComboFix, without any helper guidance like this web site suggest, but I am still having this annoying redirection problem. I'll keep trying other options :inlove: , but I am starting to think the best solution is re-installing windows which I didn't want to do but...

#5 brzl69

brzl69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

Ok, so I thought that Stopzilla software was the solution for web site redirecting..... wrong :thumbsup: .
I am still having problems with redirecting web sites even with stopzilla on, so like I said in the previous post,
I will be re-installing the windows, and that I know for sure will take care of this annoying problem.
Thank you for all your help (none)and support (none), specially from the moderators/helpers of this web site :flowers: . so long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users