Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:13 PM
Hi, I have been having a lot of problems, I don't whether this is just a single malware or multiple virus attacks
Before I list my problems I am on Windows XP version 2002 SP2
1. I have files like qxzv5.exe which keep appearing in my WINDOWS/system32 folder.
2. I am using AVIRA antivirus which has been permanently disabled. There is no way I can enable it.
3. At first I could not even go to any antivirus/antispyware/antimalware website to get help. I checked out the HOSTS file in %system32\drivers\etc and it was filled with a lot of junk. I cleared the junk and I now am able to atleast visit a help forum.
4. The current antispyware tools that I have are unable to update from the internet.
5. Lastly I cannot restart in safe mode as every time i try to do so, the machine will keep restarting.
Really need help.