Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undetectable Slave Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 esconder

esconder

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:17 AM

Someone please help. I have 3 hard drives on my computer. In order to install the third I had to purchase a ATA Adapter. I originally installed the ATA adapter and the 3rd drive while running Windows 2000. All worked fine until I upgraded to XP.

Now my system detects the hardware, but I cannot locate the drive in 'My Computer'. I went into the disk manager, but the only option it gives me is to convert the disc to a 'Basic Disk' (I installed it originally as a Dynamic Disc).

I have information on the drive that I do not want to lose. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

If this is XP Home, you cannot use a dynamic disk on this version of XP.

Open Disk Management and right click the dynamic drive, select Import
Foreign Disks from the menu. This should make the volume visible.

#3 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

install the hard drive on the secondary ide cable,the same cable as your cdrom
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic