Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive space managment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CHansohn

CHansohn

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

I built a gaming computer but once I got all the other hardware I didn't have enough money for a Hard drive. so I used my old 250GB drive. sadly all the games I have installed on it have almost filled it. only 20% free. I have a back up external drive that has all my music, movies, and downloads on it. so the internal C:\ drive only has installed programs on it. I do the disk clean up once in awhile but when I use windirstat almost all of the space is taken up by my installed games. all of which I play often enough that uninstalling them would be redundant since days later I'd reinstall them. is there anything I can do besides getting a new drive or compressing it? or are those my only options?

CPU = Intel i7 950
Motherboard = Asus P6X58D
RAM = Corsair XMS3 DDR3 6X 2GB
Power Supply = Corsair AX1200W
Graphics Card = GTX 580 2-way SLI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

I don't think, any miracle here is possible.
Since you need ALL of those games, then your only option is bigger drive.
Compressing files is not recommended.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users