Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSASCui.exe error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NeedHelpNow322

NeedHelpNow322

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

I saw a post by ATLcomputer that was dated yesterday. It is exactly the same as my problem!
I keep getting error message: MSASCui.exe Application Error.....(0x80000003) Failed to initialize properly

Then computer shuts down with blue screen appearing if I try to to any type of windows updates. They fail.
McAfee (which I pay for) is not working, and upon booting up Windows Defender does not work.

I too hear like a radio or tv commercial every once in a while playing. WHAT CAN I DO?
I'm desperate here!

Any and all suggestions, appreciated. I am fairly computer literate and can follow instructions. But, I need to know where and what to do with this.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NeedHelpNow322

NeedHelpNow322
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

The post below I copied from someone elses. It is what is happening with my laptop, but unlike the poster below, I do not have another computer to use. PLEASE any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

My computer got infected with something somehow. I was surfing the internet a couple weeks ago and this random thing popped up (can't remember exactly) something with the firewall I think. I tried to "X" out of it, and I think it sent me to a blue screen of death. From that point on my computer has not started right. At first it kept logging itself out, then it would start, but it had msascui.exe application error 0x80000003, and also some error with google toolbar or something. If I click these it says something about windows defender, and if I click out of that I get a blue screen of death. If I keep my computer on, but dont click those errors I can navigate around okay, but random audio starts playing from my speakers, like TV shows or commercials. I tried anti-malware programs but it wont let me run them. I got malwarebytes to run by changing the filenames and it finds malware, but after it gets removed it always comes back on its own. I have tried running from safe-mode as well. Lately my computer is sometimes starting up and saying that I am running an illegal version of windows that needs to be registered, but I am not. I downloaded dds and RootRepeal but they dont seem to work. dds produces a text file full of nonsense jiberish with "THE PROGRAM CAN NOT BE RUN IN DOS MODE" near the top. RootRepeal opens, but if I try to scan in reports mode it sends me strait to a blue screen of death. I do not know where to go from here, please help. As of right now I am in safe mode, and able to connect to the internet on this infected PC, I also have a laptop that I can use to access the internet if I lose connection here. I have uploaded that nonsense txt file from dds.

Thanks,

Draskids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users