Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 711 and 1068

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aly007

Aly007

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hi guys,
One week ago I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86. After 4 days i wasn't able to connect on internet.

Posted Image
Ok, while trying to remake the connection I receive this error:
Posted Image

From what i've seen on microsoft site they said that's because some services are turned off, i checked my services and Remote Acces Conection was not started. I tried to start it but I wasn't able to do this because of dependence of "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" that I can't start because I receive this :
Posted Image

My sistem is: Amd Athlon 4000+ x2 @ 2.1 ghz , 2 gb RAM @ 800 mhz, Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3, GF 8600GT Leadtek.
Internet connection type PPPoE.
After i receive this error first time I reinstall it but after 3-4 days i receive the same error.
Now I'm on Windows XP SP3 but i don't want to renounce at Windows 7 ...
Unfortunately I can't run repair install because I don't have enough space on drive. Repair install require 12.7 GB and I have only 6.3 GB Free.
Thanks in advance. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

Welcome to BC.

I am also running Windows 7.

My Remote Access Conection is set to manual and stopped.

Does your ISP require logon info?

I would look at your NIC's driiver. Check the manufactuers website for the latest and greatest.

Can you ping your loopback, ping 127.0.0.1?

Edited by ratchet48, 26 January 2010 - 07:43 AM.

#3 Aly007

Aly007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Hi ratchet48,

Thanks for fast reply.

I don't know what do you mean with "Logon info". There's only an user name and password if that's what you mean.

I have the the latest drivers from Gigabyte web site.

I will tel you if i can ping 127.0.0.1 soon, but first i need sstpsvc.dll because i made a little mistake and replace it with something that's not compatible, can you upload it please?

PS: i have Win 7 in dual boot with XP so whenever i receive some advice i have to restart my pc and go to Win 7.

Edited by Aly007, 26 January 2010 - 08:02 AM.

#4 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:18 AM

I was doing a little research, you do need the Remote Access Connection Manager running for DSL Logon.

Go to your services in XP, right click Remote Access Control Manager and select properties, then click the Dependencies tab, verify services are all set to Automatic and started under General tab.

Do the same in Windows 7 a hopefully this will correct your problem.

Also, if you decide to get rid of XP watch this first, Remove Windows XP from a dual-boot configuration with Windows 7

#5 Aly007

Aly007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

In Windows XP everything is ok.

In Windows 7 I can't start Remote Acces Control Manager because dependencies of Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol.

Posted Image

So the question is: Why I can't start Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol service and why it stop working everytime after 4-5 days ?

Edited by Aly007, 26 January 2010 - 08:31 AM.

#6 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

Is Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol set to Automatic/Start?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users