Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010,browser redirecting, and being blocked from certain websites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vash2275

vash2275

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:25 AM

Alright I caught the google redirect virus or malware 2 weeks ago. So I ran malwarebytes thought it had got it all apparently it didn't because then i got the rogue fake anti virus program internet security 2010. so ran malwarebytes again got rid of the virus computer was running pretty good except for websites like youtube I couldn't acesss at all they said
Restricted Site!
This web site is restricted based on your security preferences.

Your system is infected. Please activate your antivirus software. and I still can't access the sites. than I noticed one of my svchost.exe files was taking up an unusal amount of memory and it seem to be downloading something i could tell by looking at my modem. So i tried to kill the process because i knew it was probably another trojan and it shutdown my computer down. Than I ended up with another rogue fake anti virus xp antispyware 2010 and so I was gonna run malwarebytes, avg, and superantispyware but, this new trojan is kinda nasty it won't let me run malwarebytes or avg neither will it let me install them even if I change the file name. I was kinda avoiding this because I wanted to try and fix it myself but, I couldn't so could someone please help me out. I'm gonna run superantispyware see how far that gets me until someone can help. A big thank you in advance for whoever helps me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TekIT

TekIT

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

Have you tried booting into safemode and running those scans? Most viruses will not work under the safe mode environment so catching them is easier when running under normal mode.

#3 vash2275

vash2275
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

Have you tried booting into safemode and running those scans? Most viruses will not work under the safe mode environment so catching them is easier when running under normal mode.

Yes I booted into safe mode. the new virus trojan still showed up. I ran superantispyware in safemode got some infected stuff off my pc and it got harder to get online I was barely able to get here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users