Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:44 PM

To all at Bleeping Computer,

When I first came to Bleeping Computer all I knew about computers is that I needed help with mine. The second day after my introduction to computers is reflected by my registration date here at BC. I like to think that Iíve come a long way in a short time. And it has become abundantly clear to me that I have an unimaginably longer way to go. I found my self staying up late at night reading BCís tutorials, investigating various problems and issues at the discussion forums. Generally eating up BCís recourses. But thatís not the most amazing thing I have come to realize.

First, is how lucky I was to have been directed to Bleeping Computer for help on day two of what was, at that time, a day/nightmare, computering experience.

Second, is the impression BC must have made on my brother in-law, who, by the way, is an authorized MS engineer. For all he must know, and to email me only one link when I asked for help but wanted to do it myself, speaks volumes.

But it was clicking on those informative links provided by BCís staff and it's members that it really hit me. Iím so thankful to have landed here first. I didnít know how much of a free for all jungle it was out there. I didnít fully understand what Bleeping Computer had to offer. Some of the other self help sites can be near impossible to follow one problem topic to itís resolution. Threads get filled up with rude, obnoxious , and off topic comments.

To Bleeping Computerís staff and members, I have to give a humble and gracious ďTHANK YOUĒ! And thatís not nearly loud enough. I can only imagine the effort and patience it takes to operate and maintain these types of sites. Staying up on current news, events, computing problems and solutions. A myriad of recourses that are too numerous be listed here.

In my opinion, your way of nurturing and promoting self help without condescension ranks high among BCís attributes. The individuals that wrote the ďhow toĒ book for this site had better apply for a patent. For it has to be a kin to an invention. I applaud you all.

Thank you all

Thats your que BC, Take your bow! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :P B) :)

For those guests that are viewing this, I urge you, take that final step and register. Right here, right now.
You may do so by clicking on this link --> Bleeping Computer - Registration

Mod Edit: This text has been edited, per members request. ~S

Edited by Scarlett, 30 August 2005 - 09:47 AM.

Why work when you can play!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

Oh my igonuts2, what lovely praise. Thank you!

We all apprieciate a pat on the back now and then. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.

Your kind words, make all of the hard work, seem worth while. Sometimes one gets so busy, with the drudgery of day to day tasks. That one can lose sight of the meaning behind it all. I personally accepted a mod position, because I love helping others. That is what makes me happy. Being a staff member here at Bleeping Computer has been very fullfilling. Watching all new members, such as yourself, grow and become so knowledgeable. Is such a thrill.

You know I could just as easily, echo your words. I was quite the computer illiterate, when one fine day, I (luckily) came across this site called Bleeping Computer.

Kudos to Grinler, for taking what was a wonderful idea. And running with it.

The attitude that we like to foster here, has been infectious. I was not just looking for a computer help site, way back when. I was searching for a comfortable, friendly place. One where politeness and consideration was important. Bleeping Computer filled that need. The friendliness of this place, is above par. And is just as important to me, as the level of help, one can receive.

These two factors, are what indeed, make Bleeping Computer the high quality site that it is.

I'd also like to add how grateful I am for all of my new found friends :thumbsup:, I have met through Bleeping Computer. :flowers:

Edited by Scarlett, 29 August 2005 - 08:04 AM.

Posted Image

#3 cctexun

cctexun

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Edzackerly yes indeady darn fine folks and smart too. You pipples is mighty good to us. Go forward and multiply we need more just like you. Thanks D

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:33 PM

i am going to talk in leet...

THIS SITE ROXORS!!!!!!!! XD
BC WILL PWN ALL OTHER FORUMS LIKE THIS!!! XD

*ahem* there... lol.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

I just want to thank igonuts and everyone else that has given BC a pat on the back. And pretty much echo what Scarlett said. It's nice to be appreciated.

I'll see if I can get Grinler to get his head out of...whatever it's been in lately and come by here to take a bow. It was his vision that got this ball rolling. I don't see how he does all that he does. :thumbsup:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

igonuts2

Such lovely praise. I am positively swooning :thumbsup: Thank you. It is very nice to be appreciated. When people say so it's special and makes me remember why I began here and stuck around for as long as I have. I love to help people and even if I am not all that techinically inclined, I learn way far more than I ever could give in return. lol

Edited by Pandy, 31 August 2005 - 10:03 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 Piney

Piney

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

Go forward and multiply we need more just like you.

Oh my!!! Sorry, but my 'multipling days are long gone (thank goodness!) :thumbsup:

I echo all that has been said here. I had an acquaintance's computer with an ugly problem. I used my 'friend' Google, hunted through various forums and posted on one. Really didn't get help there, as I solved the problem myself. But, by looking for answers, I found BC...spent waaaaaaaay too many hours reading the tutorials, the posts, everything I could find. Then I decided to register and apply to train.

The resources available here are the best on the internet, and they are kept up-to-date, which is because of some very dilligent personnel.

Kudos to all of the BC staff :flowers:

Piney
Piney

Infected? Report it! <<<Click

Posted Image

#8 suebaby41

suebaby41

W.A.M. (Women Against Malware)

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,248 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

I agree with everything everyone else has said. I have been reading and studying the tutorials at BleepingComputer for some time. Thanks, grinler. :thumbsup:
You don't stop laughing when you get old; you get old when you stop laughing.
A Member of U-N-I-T-E (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators)
Malware Removal University Masters Graduate

Posted Image
Join The Fight Against Malware
No reply within 5 days will result in your topic being closed. If you need more time, please let me know by posting in this topic so that your topic will not be closed.

#9 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

Amen to all that!!! :thumbsup:
BC has helped me beyond belief! :flowers: It's also a fun place to be at. :trumpet:
It's because Big G has the best mods and helpers and members on the internet!!!! :inlove:
Thanks BC :cool:

Edited by deerslayer, 31 August 2005 - 02:49 PM.

When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

#10 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

Every time I review the post, I feel that itís missing something. I have to accept, the fact that I couldnít convey all the thanks, in one post, that I, and obviously you all too, feel.
But in the end, it is the ďbig GsĒ original conception that has allowed BC to evolve to what it is today.
Being married myself, Iím well aware that along side every man, there stands proudly, a woman.
That said,
Thank you, Mr. And Mrs. Grinler.

Edited by igonuts2, 31 August 2005 - 10:15 PM.

Why work when you can play!

#11 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

In my opinion, your way of nurturing and promoting self help without condescension ranks high among BCís attributes.

That is so true.
When i first came to this site i used to feel embarassed about asking questions, but all the answers i had where so helpful (nobody ever made me feel silly for asking these questions)
I'd like to think i've made some good friends here now.
This site will be with me for always. :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#12 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:58 AM

Such kind words. Thanks for taking the time to post everyone. :thumbsup:

I think I can speak for the others when I say that being a Moderator is a rather thankless task except when you see a thread like this. Or somebody says "Alright, I fixed it myself!" A lot of work goes on behind the scenes here and its a group effort to determine the quality and direction of this site. I can't say enough about our HiJack This Team. That group includes literally some of the best people on the planet.

One of BC's best kept secrets is the Chat Channel. Theres always some people in there and its a family friendly place where some interesting conversations take place about all kinds of different subjects. But it would be better if more people came in. Most of us use an irc client called IceChat but you can visit just by using your browser. Click on Chat at the top of the page and follow the prompts. There is a little download involved but its safe to use. The irc channel info is on the Chat page. Hope to see you there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#13 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:19 AM

In my opinion, your way of nurturing and promoting self help without condescension ranks high among BCís attributes.

That is so true.
When i first came to this site i used to feel embarassed about asking questions, but all the answers i had where so helpful (nobody ever made me feel silly for asking these questions)
I'd like to think i've made some good friends here now.
This site will be with me for always. :thumbsup:

Yeah, since i've been here i haven't gotten one statement that made me feel like an idiot, or someone that should know something i don't, even if i posted the most n00bish questions (which i have done....).

Any information i could possible need for the computer (barring complex algorithms and scripts for programming) can be found throughout the forums here. The staff/members have been able to solve almost every problem i've had, and in a rather timely fashion.

I'm going to remain here for a while :flowers:

Thanx to all the members that have actually helped me :trumpet:

#14 furntree

furntree

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

I agree...BC really does help everyone, from the n00b pc user to the veteran that cant figure out somthing.

its intresting, i see what i learned..then i see that i help my friends on similar problems...lol...

B#33p1n9 (0mp573r r0(|{$ m% w0r#P!!!

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#15 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

I can only second what has been said previously. Present a problem to the BC forum and servers crash from the load of people trying to help. No snark, no put-downs, no flaming, and family-friendly to boot. Grinler put all this together? Must be 10 of him. And that fellow up in Canada who listens to the Archies all day long? He's pretty cool too.
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users