Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble playing DVDs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keizern

keizern

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

I have multiple problems with my Toshiba computer. The computer was acting very slow and messed up - so I decided to reload everything. My computer didn't come with a vista disk so I hadto use the recovery disk that I made, however, it turns out that it was corupt and it made my computer useless. Mine is a P200 rt9 I have an neightbour that has a p200 ? I borrowed her disk and got most things working on the laptop. However, I had to go to the toshiba webstie and update the display drivers and the HD DVD player. When I try to use the DVD player is crashes immediatly. Also I can't get windows media center to play dvd either. I just updates the bios and the toshiba dvd player worked right away. However, i shut it down and then tried it again and some problem - it crashes. Any ideas on what to try next.

Thanks

Some little problems that are probably not relevent - function keys do not work - ie fn F6 brightness, volumn controls seem wacky (not responsive), sometimes I can't click on stuff - mouse still moves - after I go Ctrl- alt- del and then cancel it works again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misterklos

misterklos

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:15 AM

hi there!
First of all, iam just a member who uses this forum since today. I will provide some information that might help with your problems, though note that iam not a professional and that i cant and wont give you a 100% secure solution! I will just try my best!

Reading through your post I think you have already reinstalled vista, so there shouldne be any unsaved personal files on you pc. If not, save them somewhere else if you can.

Getting drivers back for a laptop can be quite a hazard. First you should check the toshiba site and get all the help and drivers you can for you laptop!

If you still miss some functions, I would get drivermax. Its a programm that compares your drivers with the drivers from other people on the net. drivermax will upload your profile to its servers and it will upload any drivers, which are newer than the ones in their database.
Also you can check for the newest drivers for your hardware via drivermax and download them from their database, note that downloads are limited if you are a free member! The limit is 2 per day!

I personally use the software to check for new drivers and then, if I cant find them on the net myself (ie nVidia and ATI drivers are easy to find) I use drivermax.

Another nice thing about the software is that you can export copys of all your drivers from you pc, so you can easily import them with drivermax after a reinstall.

Hope the information helped a little!

- misterklos

Edited by misterklos, 26 January 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Mine is a P200 rt9 I have an neightbour that has a p200 ? I borrowed her disk

The above is your main issue. Recovery DVD is made for your particular machine.
Since your recovery DVD was no good for whatever reason, why didn't you try recovery partition? Your Toshiba should have one.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users