Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Can't Find MBAM.EXE Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Ham

The Ham

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

My comp downloaded a virus, I know because the Adobe Acrobat popped up. Opened up to scan with Malwarebytes, and received the "Can not find mbam.exe" Nothing feels wrong with my computer except that I know there is a virus and can't get it off. I tried changing the name of the .exe like many forums instruct to do so, but then I receive this error message

703 (0, 453)

Was wondering if anyone could provide some help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -Ariscrotocy-

-Ariscrotocy-

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

I'm Sorry, I am a person in Thailand. I am not good with English. Apologize in a language.

The error 703 Error parsing the database. Please reinstall the application. If you follow my instructions, we can remove the program use a clean tool, install the program.. and see how it runs... Look at About tab then Help box & see 703.
Let me know?

Instructions:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
2. Restart your computer (very important).
3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe
4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

#3 The Ham

The Ham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

Thank you for your quick response and help. I downloaded the MBAM cleaner and when I went to run it, I received this message

"SHGetValue failed with error code 0"

Thanks again, hope there is a fix to that.

#4 The Ham

The Ham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

I just had the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware could that have something to do with it?

EDIT: Topic moved to a more appropriate place ~ Elise

Edited by elise025, 26 January 2010 - 06:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users