Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rip

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

is there a program that i can use to rip playlists off of my ipod because apple doesn't offer one. i just think my ipod is slowly dying and i need that music. some ideas would be nice, but something free would be great...

thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

not one of the bizillion people on this forum has ever transfered songs from their ipod to their computer for free? really?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Thats sure to generate a lot of interest to reply to your posts for help.

Copy playlist from ipod

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

well of course, but i was hoping for some personal experience stories, but i guess your right wise one

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

The point I was attempting to make was, not every post gets a reply for whatever reason. If you don't get a reply quickly do some research on your own and maybe you can find the answer. But coming off with a smart aleck comment for everyone to see, they will remember what you said and the next time you post will be less inclined to respond.

I don't have an ipod I have a Sansa, so I was reluctant to offer any suggestion. It seems ipods play by different rules than the other mp3 players. And most suggestions don't work. Good luck with your playlist I hope you can save your music.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

SharePod

#7 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

smart aleck? i cant say too much more. you are an admin and i dont want you to use your powers to ban me. thank you xblindx i'll look in to it. have a good day.

Edited by sharpie, 31 January 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#8 Antikook

Antikook

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

Let's see..

First off, the topic name: "rip" - did you mean "rest in peace" or that you want to rip music from a CD (the common usage)? Doesn't give any clue that you want to copy music from the iPod.

Second off, the question: you asked how to copy a playlist, but in your follow-ups, you mentioned wanting to copy the music. They're not the same thing.

Thirdly: this is one of the most-asked questions about the iPod. Looking at the list of topics in the forum, I see 3 topics asking the same question, plus one asking how to copy video files. It's usually smart to look through the previously-asked questions in a forum before jumping in.

Now, if you go to www.download.com, and search for iPod, you should be able to find several dozen freeware tools for what you're trying to do. (which, by the way, is a violation of the terms of use you agree to in using an iPod)

Cheers,

#9 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

sharepod got the songs off thanks again blind.

(which, by the way, is a violation of the terms of use you agree to in using an iPod)....O thanks fuzz

Edited by sharpie, 05 February 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know you were successful.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

Happy to help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users