Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

securing the motherboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 megalo

megalo

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

Also, my motherboard has about 12 places to put the screws in and they line up with the places on my case. Got that? But my case didn't come with enough screw holders for the screws and not enough screws. So basically, is it okay to not have 2 or 3 screws in out of 12 places all over the board?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

My sons put a SOYO mobo into an Enermax case with the same situation.

The one thing we made sure of was that the screws that we DID use were the ones nearest the areas where I might be plugging in and unplugging future devices and wirelooms etc.

Gotta err on the side of my being physical with things that need larger hammers to install.... :thumbsup:
Joe Vreeland (aka: SurferJoe46)

Warum soll Ich mir Sorgen machen?

#3 Zen00

Zen00

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

Heh, this reminds me, after moving my computer to Utah by plane, the plane damaged my computer case, it popped my Video card out, breaking the AGP lock to boot, and some of the screws are bent, so are hard to tighten, but what this is about is, I also need to secure my motherboard again, it's had about half the pins I put in it to secure it pop out, and I only put five or six too. :thumbsup:
This space will eventually have something very cool to fill it up, but not right now.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:33 AM

A few screws more or less isn't that big of a difference. It will work fine as long as the motherboard doesn't touche the case causing a short circuit. I once had a motherboard with only two screws and it worked fine as long as the case was standing upright.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users