Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bunged install of W7 BSOD, wont repair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

W7 install went wrong...actually installed fine, but after it hibernated it locked itself down, wouldnt come out so i resolved that by removing the CMOS battery for a while and then reinserted then it would boot, but NOW the W7 install is bad and wont repair or go into safe mode. suspect bad boot sector ini or whatever it is.

Brandon new seagate baracuda i need to do a low level format but need a bootable disk, cant seem to find a way to make seatools bootable.
Suggestions/links?
Thanks

Aside: XP pro install on seperate HDD ALSO bluescreens after cmos clearing.

Any ideas what happened?

UPDATE:
Checked bios and found something under configuration for the sata to boot as IDE or something and now all disk boot without issue.

Edited by BNDAZ, 25 January 2010 - 10:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:03 AM

Go to seagates site and look for SeaTools for DOS

Regisiter :huh: , then download the ISO. I use ImgBurn to "Write an image file to Disk".

You might want to review Seatools for DOS tutorial before you run it.

#3 BNDAZ

BNDAZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

just wanted to update on this: It was simple, somehow the bios got reset so that the sata drives weren't being recognized as ide or something along that line i switched it and everything boots fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users