Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone Gave me Computer and I think its Infected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

I would be happy to remove whatever is on their computer. I have a hard time writing papers on this computer because it clicks on a different part of my wordpad program rather than staying where is suppose to be. When it clicks, it cuts in a different sentence and gets on my nerves. Sometimes it deletes what i type and thats even worse when your typing a paper. Ever since I would have to deal with this I have to repeatedly press ctrl s to save and keep pressing undo command on wordpad for it o go back where i was typing. So this problem is time consuming. Also when I'm loading other programs it points somewhere else on my screen.

I tried to run malewarebytes and as always perform quick scan but its not picking up anything.

Sometimes when you rest your cursor wherever and start typing or using a program, it seems as if it keeps clicking on that spot but im not clicking anything. Majority of the time its clicking and clicking wherever u rest the cursor and clicking at random areas. Sometimes it would randomly move to another spot. I always have to keep the cursor away from everything so it doesn't press anything, but now forces the window to minimize and starts messing w/ u again.

Edited by Doomsis, 25 January 2010 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hi, what OS have your machine?
What is the antivirus you have in the PC?
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

This Computer runs vista. I don't think it has an antivirus program. I don't think it never had one ; ; I've been using malwewarebytes (anti-maleware) using quick scan.

#4 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

i also noticed when i'm loading a web browser it keeps stopping the page from loading. It refuses to load that i have to close the window. I play a flash game online with other people and i hate to when it stops the flash game =(. I can't pretty much play anymore. I can play the regular flash games, but not the ones where you find an open game and you join it. Like when play neopets keyquest, for example, (of course it reloads page from time to time becuz its a flash game) but it stops the browser and then gameover for me because when the page stops, i'm no longer in in the game.

Edited by Doomsis, 30 January 2010 - 09:21 PM.

#5 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

this computer was given to me :thumbsup:

Edited by Doomsis, 31 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

#6 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

i DISCOVERED the problem. My arm and hands always hover over the mouse touch pad. I tried positioning my hands on left and right side {away from the touch mouse pad on my laptop and haven't experienced not a single click so I believe it was my sliding thumb over the area that caused the constant clicking.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thank you for letting us know.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users