Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 LOGOFF HANGS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rooster610

rooster610

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

I have just purchased a Dell Studio 1737 and it will not logoff . It has on occasion went through logoff just like it should, but only once in maybe 30 sessions. I have built and used XP Pro machines for years, but this is my first win 7.Could someone please help with this problem? I have checked and updated Drivers at Dell and Microsoft. Both of these companies have no tech support as far as help with this problem.I ran hijack this and I will try to ad the results to this post. I think I will have to reinstall,but I did not get a activation key when I bought the computer. I ran a key finder but I don't know if the results are correct. Also I think the win 7 ultimate is a upgrade and I don't have a activation code for Vista. I did get the disks for dell stuff and the ultimate disk is a dell download.
I have tried the Audiosrv script that I read about and no luck with that.

Thanks for any help I can get for this.

HJT log removed as this is not a malware issue. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 January 2010 - 09:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

I have just purchased a Dell Studio 1737

It's under warranty
Who knows what else could be wrong with it
Send it back
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 rooster610

rooster610
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

You must have missed the first line ,where it says DELL. It is not under Warranty except the hardware,acording to Dell. They will check it for $240.00.
For $100.00 less than that I could get A full ver of XP Pro and dump this win 7 crap.
I thought some "Computer Expert" out there might be able to help with this one.

IT is a nice Laptop, but best I can tell Windows 7 is more of Vista Junk.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

I thought some "Computer Expert" out there might be able to help with this one.

That was just my first thought
I'm sure a "Computer Expert" will be along to help
Have a nice day
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

I'm surely not a "computer expert", but as far, as I'm aware, every computer has full 1 year of manufacturer warranty.
Your computer may be special, though.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users